Adding a new user in WordPress is a simple process, but it can be confusing if you’ve never done it before. That’s why I’m going to show you exactly how to do it in less than 2 minutes!
You may want to add a new user for a variety of reasons. For example, if you’re planning on having a guest author on your site, you will need to create an account for the author before they can publish their post. Or maybe you’ve hired an intern to help write and edit some posts and that person needs to have limited access to your website. Whatever the reason, I’ll walk you through the steps in the video below.
Here are the steps to add a new user to WordPress:
- Login to your site’s WordPress backend
- Hover over “Users” in the left-hand toolbar from the WordPress dashboard and select “Add New”
- Fill in a username, name, email, and secure password
- Choose to send this username and password to the new user
- Select the permission level for the new user
- Click “Add New User” button
Need to make changes to a user?
From the “All Users” page, simply hover over the user you would like to edit and then click the “Edit” link. Fill in additional information like a bio, Twitter handle, or Google+ account. You can also update the password for this user or change their role from the drop-down at the bottom of their profile page. Once you’ve made your changes, simply click “Update User” at the bottom and you’re all set!
Do you have questions about adding or editing users in WordPress? Share your questions in a comment below and I’ll get back to you right away!