Staying on top of your social media accounts can be a daunting task. One of the easiest ways to keep up with them is to create a custom social media calendar template. Using a calendar allows you time to plan ahead and get your thoughts organized before you share them with your online communities. I recommend having at least one week of content ready to share at all times.
A custom social media calendar template sounds fancy, but it’s really just a spreadsheet to keep your ideas organized. Everyone’s calendar will be a little different, but there are some things you will definitely want to keep inside.
Here’s some information that I always include in my social media calendars:
- The date of the status update or tweet.
- Day of the week a post was shared.
- The time the content was shared.
- Text for every status update.
- URLs that will be included in the update.
I also like to keep track of these things so I can gather information about what works well:
- How many likes, +1s and favorites a status gets.
- The number of comments or @replies a status gets.
- How many RTs or shares an update gets.
- The reach a post received on Facebook.
Here are a few other things to consider keeping in your social media calendar template:
- A separate sheet to transfer old posts to.
- Sheets for brainstorming or idea tracking.
- A separate sheet to keep track of tools and account names.
- A benchmark sheet to track community growth.
I separate each social network into a sheet of its own, just so it’s easier to edit. Please take a look and feel free to use it. Let me know if there is anything you would add or remove to make it better!
If you’d like to download a free copy of my social media calendar template, just sign up below. By doing, so you also agree to be added to my weekly email list.Tweet this to your followers!